Wednesday, November 10, 2010

MY BAND OF BROTHERS


The best part of the Seattle Seahawk's game last Sunday came before the game began. A true American hero, Lt Col. Buck Compton, raised the 12th Man Flag. Part of Easy Company, immortalized in the movie BAND OF BROTHERS, honored us all with his presence.

As Col. Compton labored to raise the flag my heart swelled with pride. Almost imperceptibly at first, I found myself standing a little taller, my heels together, hands to my side, fingers rolled I stood at attention inspired and proud as tears ran down my face.

For that moment I was carried back to Vietnam. I stood young and strong, shoulder to shoulder with MY BAND OF BROTHERS. Bravo Company...The Jungle Warriors. Wild Thing, Pfaff, Dum Dum Jug, Owens, French, Littel, Saint, Miegs, Mackay, Doc, Angel, Lt Pena, and so many others to numerous to mention by name here. It is impossible to explain...the bond between us...trust required in no other circumstance. A friendship...no...a love that will remain.

Thank you to all who have served and are serving...you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment